Sunday, December 23, 2012

I did it again!

This weekend was the Christmas event for Jill and Eric to come down.  We had a great, great time, but I forgot (again) to take a picture of the two of them.  I get so excited about having them here that I can have the camera right beside me and STILL forget to grab a picture.

So I am sharing one that they shared with me from their Hawaiian trip.

Other than forgetting the picture, things went very well.  They came down on Friday night with the “boys” and we visited for awhile before hitting the hay.  The next day I got dinner ready (ham, scalloped corn, fruit salad, mashed potatoes, etc); Candy and Wayne came over and we had a good meal, if I don’t say so myself.  Jill helped prepare and we visited while working.


The rolls didn’t turn out - I followed a recipe to make the rolls, freeze them, thaw them out and bake.  Well, the insides were nice but the outsides were tough ... not doing THAT again!  It would be better to make the rolls, bake them, freeze them, thaw them out and warm.  The left over rolls will be cut up to go into the dressing (stuffing? ... what do YOU call it?).

Candy and Wayne headed home early because it was cold and windy and starting to snow some.  The rest of us sat around the wood stove and opened our presents.  Norm and I got a really nice picture of the family cabin my folks had had in the Black Hills while the girls were growing up.  It was done by printing a picture on a laser printer then put onto a board with some special glue.  Looks really different, really neat!  Norm got a wonderfully warm sweatshirt (he says he was really warm in church, kids).

And me?  I got a website of my own!  Yup, boys and girls ..... my very own page.  Eric is planning on what to do but this blog is now able to be connected directly by typing in http://cpthegreat.com/ ... cool, huh?  Exciting!
 

It got cold overnight, and will be getting colder as Christmas gets closer.  Most of us stayed inside, nice and warm, while Norm bundled up and did chores and worked outside.  We had a great visit; they showed us the Hawaiian pictures and some videos; we played with the dogs and talked.  I bragged and showed them Freya, my new loom.  For non-fiber folks, they seemed impressed (she’s impressive to anyone, even without any weaving on her!). 

Fortunately, I’ve gotten almost all my weaving presents done.  I have one last towel to make but I won’t see the recipient until this next week, so I should be able to get it done in time.  I still can’t show the ones that are wrapped until Christmas is over but I can show you the one that is on Freya at the moment.


The temperature this evening is a “warm” 11º out with a lovely covering of snow on the ground.  The moon “on the breast of the new-fallen snow gives the lustre of mid-day to objects below.” 

And so I leave you on this Sunday before Christmas with wishes of warmth, love and peace.


1 comment:

Amanda Cutler said...

Great looking pics today! Love that weaving!!