Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yes, I am packing!


Two weeks from today we will be in the air, heading to Iceland!!

I have been busy planning, ordering things, packing, re-packing, packing and planning.  Now I need to weigh the case to make sure it’s not too heavy.  We are all taking those little wheelie-thingie carry-on bags and not checking anything.  On the way home, if we need (probably will), we will probably either get a box from a grocery store and use that for check-in baggage or mail ourselves things.

Candy and I both have folding canes now and filter water bottles.  Dad was going to order his folding cane this week.  Jody loaned me her passport pouch that fits under the shirt / blouse to carry passport and money and important things. 

I have seen the doctor about my knee (Wayne was worried that there was a problem with it) and there is nothing wrong with it - just normal problems that some people get with a knee replacement.  I see the heart doctor next week - Dr. Kelly said she felt I should see him just to be sure things are going well under the skin.  The druggist said to order a “short supply” of pills since it’s in the middle of my order; that way the pill bottles will be smaller and I won’t have to carry so many.

I have a list of addresses so I can send post cards; I have a list of who to buy for and what I can possibly get them.  I have a list of things that I would like for me. 

I have a protective cover coming for my Samsung tablet and also have a car charger so that we can use the Samsung for a G.P.S. locator.  About half the hotels have free WiFi so I can find the next place before we leave.  “Sammy” will keep memory of where we are going it I plug her in with WiFi and don’t turn her off during the day. 

I have about 3 extra sets of batteries for the camera and cards for about 3,000 pictures - is that enough? 

No knives or sharp instruments in bag or purse; Norm says to carry a Swiss Army knife and tell them that I am in the Swiss Army, but I don’t think that would work.

Small bottles of shampoo, small containers of toothpaste, small bottles of hand lotion.

Am I forgetting anything?

Dad will drive here on Monday; Tuesday, Norm will drive us to Joy’s.  Joy will take us to the airport and Norm will spend the night, then come home.  When we come home, Joy will pick us up and we will spend the night at her house.  Norm will have driven back up and will take us home the next day.

Whew!  Dad has all the plans in place.  My next mission, and I chose to accept it, is to get maps of the cities printed out so we can find our way around (and Sammy will help in that!).

While I am there, I will TRY to put a few pictures on Face Book and maybe even some here, if I have time, energy and WiFi.

Tonight, Norm and I, along with Candy and Wayne, went out to have a nice dinner to celebrate our anniversary.  I had steak and the others had the rib special at The Loose Moose - a bar / restaurant in Westbrook.

It’s been a beautiful day, following over a week of breathtaking beautiful days.  You have a beautiful day.

4 comments:

Candy Duell said...

Sounds like you have it all together Connie. Now all you have to do is wait the 2 weeks! Talk soon.

Laura said...

Sounds like you're well prepared! Have a wonderful time!!

cheryl said...

What a wonderful adventure you will have . I cannot wait to see all your pictures . Safe travels to you all :)

Anonymous said...

So very exciting for you Connie. I know it'll be just perfect except for leaving Norm home.
Thanks for all your comments on my blog...as for the carrots, those made two large carrot cakes, one for the freezer. Jan