Monday, August 20, 2012

It was raining forty-six years ago!

They say “Happy the bride the sun shines on.”  And, “A rainy wedding is unlucky.”

Well, can that be true?  Norm and I were married in a pouring down rainstorm (fortunately inside) and it rained most of our honeymoon.  Unlucky?  I don’t think so!  Unhappy?  Defiantly not!   

“Lucky” is the word for it!  Norm is a Peterson, and as any wife (or husband) of a Peterson knows, they have “stick-to-it-tiveness” .... they don’t give up!  Through good times and bad (some VERY bad), through happy days and sad, they don’t give up.  Where a “normal” man would have walked out on me a very (very) long time ago, Norm stuck with me and kept on going.  So now, after all these years, we can look back and say “WOW!”

I am very fortunate - and I know it!  Norm is a special man who is loved by everyone.  He is kind, gentle, smart, funny (well, sometimes I think he’s funny but others think so), and talented.  He can do just about anything.  When I was first learning how to sew, as a bride, he taught me how to sew by teaching me patience.  He can do anything he puts his mind to.

Norm can do anything I can do (if he wants) but better.  The only thing I’m confident that I “shine” in is typing and understanding a computer.  But that’s because he doesn’t WANT to.  He can spin and could do it better if he wanted to.  He can weave - almost made himself a loom once.  We almost kept our rug loom so he could make rugs but he decided he didn’t want to take the time from other projects.

Lucky the bride who marries a Peterson!  I am so happy that *I* did!  I love my husband; I love him more every day!

Happy Anniversary, Norm!


 Here is a favorite picture of mine.

2 comments:

Roses around the door... said...

Happy aniversary! What a lovely photo, wishing you a wonderful day together and many more. best wishes jackie x

cheryl said...

A belated happy anniversary to you both and many more years of happiness to come .