Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wistful Wednesday

Today I'm going to put up a picture that was on the memory board that Candy made (with my agreeing ... she was the brains).

We had a lot of pictures to chose from - some from the long-ago past and some from the here-and-now.  We did chose to put all pictures as gray-scale so they were uniform.  And made them as close to the same size as possible.

This picture is of my mother (in front, wearing pants ... shock!) and her entire family except her father.


 This was taken in 1936, when my mom was 16.  My grandfather had passed by then, so this IS the entire family!  Nana is in front, next to Uncle Hookey (Hugo) ---- love his boots and pants; he must have been riding.  Uncle Vernon is the only other boy.  The girls are (oh, help!) ...Clara, Mildred, Marvel Viola, Roberta, Grace Anna (Mom).  But I can't tell who they are.  I'm hoping that Candy can tell or Mom will tell me (when she gets home from her road trip).  I will update this as I find out.

Mom had a baby sister that died very young; mom is the youngest and is now the only remaining one in her family.

Love those smiles!

It's a beautiful day - you have a beautiful day.

No comments: