Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Goings on this week

Well, I didn't talk about the Titanic on Sunday to you children.  Not because I wasn't aware of it, but I was in a little bit of a "snit" because not many people seemed to remember Abraham Lincoln.  His death was a world changing event!

Not that the Titanic's sinking wasn't life and world changing, but EVERYONE seemed to be remembering it.

On a side note, did you know that many young people (and I'm talking young adults) thought the sinking was just a movie, not a real event?

Any-who, on Sunday night I was going to watch the 1958 movie "A Night to Remember," which is considered the most realist of all the movies.  However, as it got closer to the time of hitting the ice berg, I had to shut it off.  My heart was beating fast and I was getting nervous.  I told Norm that I knew what was going to happen and didn't need to watch it.  

For the rest of the week, now, I've been playing with my new toy!  I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and it arrived on Friday!  This is replacing my Kindle as well as giving me web access.  I had looked at the Fire but it wasn't as powerful as I wanted.  This machine was given great reviews and my son-in-law, Eric, recommended it.

On Friday, Candy and I are heading up to Aberdeen for the annual weaving weekend.  I will be sure to take pictures.

Until then, I need to pack, get some wool organized to have Kelly process and make some goodies to eat.  It's a beautiful sunny day.  You have a beautiful day.

No comments: