Tuesday, March 13, 2012

At long, long, long, LONG last!

When I lived in Rapid City, SD, over 25 years ago, I discovered a new business, a Tea House, and soon got hooked on one of their bulk teas.  This addiction lasted only about a year, as these brave but foolish people had chosen the wrong city to introduce specialty teas and had to close shop.

The tea that I became hooked on was a spicy one with cinnamon and orange and other spices.  I would open my tea jar and sniff the raw tea and get a high (yes, I admit it, I’m a cheap drunk and druggie).  And to drink the tea was to reach the highs of heaven. 

Soooooooo, when the store closed, my supply ran out and I was devastated.  I have spent these past 25+ years looking for that tea.  Constant Comment is a good tea, but not even close.  I have an orange spice that I tried .... close, but no cigars!

Every time that I went to a shop that carried bulk teas, I would try to describe the tea and if the store had something like, they’d look for it, but usually I would get strange looks.

Just recently I joined a FaceBook group called “Homesteading and Homemade.”  I got the brilliant idea to ask them if they knew of the tea I have been searching for.  My good friend Candy D from New York  went looking and found several choices.

And, Lo! and Behold! ... she FOUND IT!!  I ordered a sample that came yesterday in the mail.  I opened the plastic bag and sniffed .. and KNEW that it was the tea, even before I tasted it.


Now, last year my Mom gave me a tea pot that is a two-cup one with a diffuser that I brought out and used.


I am in heaven .. sniffing and sipping and rolling over in the clover!

  
The tea is from Dori’s Tea Cottage  and is called “Hot Cinnamon Spice.”  I had ordered a sample that has lasted 2 days – I have now ordered a package of the tea and will anticipate the arrival of my taste of heaven.  Go visit .. they have other teas, as well, in bulk. 

Bulk, loose-leaf tea is much better than tea bags ... the tea bags are actually filled with the sweepings of what has been processed for loose-leaf.  Even if it’s more convenient (and I will admit I mostly use tea bags), it’s not as good.  And this Hot Cinnamon Spice has got to be the world’s best spice tea!  Try it, you’ll like it!

3 comments:

Candy Duell said...

Connie, I love the tea also, it is wonderful I have never had such "fun" tea. I know that is a odd word to use, but it is the one I could think of that is closest to how I feel about it. YUM!

ahnn said...

I never tried the tea. That is very intriguing. I will be looking for it.

Speciality Teas

Far Side of Fifty said...

your wait is over! Isn't it funny how some really good things are very hard to find. I bet you have trees breaking bud your way..the Pussy willows came out yesterday...unbelievable MN weather:)
The word verification is a real struggle ..I will try again