Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank you!


I could not let the day go by without saying "Thank you!" to all the veterans of all the wars that we have had, either here on American soil or over-seas in some foreign land.

"Thank you" to those gave their lives, either as a direct result of war or as an indirect result.  

"Thank you" to those who survived, for you put your lives on the line.

You are all heroes!

I must mention my personal heroes: 
                my father (91) who fought in WWII, Korea, and was in the Berlin Airlift.
                my husband who served during the Vietnam War.
                my brother-in-law, serving also during the Vietnam War.
                numerous cousins who served before, during and after the Vietnam War.
               
And there is my brother, who fought in Vietnam and fought the battles of health until his untimely death at the age of 64.

Thank all of you for your dedication and your sacrifice that enables us to have the freedoms we all so cherish.

No comments: