Thursday, October 13, 2011

Out of commission

I went to a foot doctor last week and found that I have tendinitis on the left inner ankle.  No wonder it's been hurting for several months!  He gave me some pills to take, use ice several times a day and limit my physical activities.  To those of you who know me well, I hope you are sitting down as you read this.  I thought Candy was going to drop her phone, she was laughing so hard!

Day three of my pills, I started to get sick and had the same symptoms for flu and for pill reactions so called the doctor who said to stop taking the pills, just in case.

Doesn't matter what it was, it's taken three days out of me and I really HAVE been taking it "easy."

So, I missed Wednesday's look into the past and I thought I'd put a picture on today.  I am (slowly) going through my Dad's slides of Japan, as I need to give a talk next week at the local Sons of Norway meeting (sigh).  This one is a little girl, all dressed up for some festival.  Most of the local Japanese wore kimonos rather than western dress unless they had contact with Americans.  Notice the little girl's shoes.  Look familiar?  The Japanese were the first to have "flip-flops" or whatever popular name they are today.  We wore them as well, around the house.  The thong was of material, usually flannel, and were called  "zoris." In the winter they had wooden ones with two "feet" to hold them up from the mud - called "getas."  If you will notice, the little girl has white socks (sort of) on. As it is probably winter, she wore a split cloth sock that hooked in the back.  They were used as slippers in the house and then could be used as cold protection when outside.  It must be dry and cold for her to be wearing zoris and "tabi socks."

I don't think she was very happy about my Dad taking her picture, but she sure is a sweetie and dressed very prettily.


Well, enough Japanese lessons for today ... it's a beautiful fall day out and I am slowly recuperating.  You have a beautiful day.

3 comments:

Magickafoot said...

Feel better soon ....enjoy your enforced inactivity!

xx

Jan said...

Oh Connie,
I am sorry. Tendinitis is NOT fun. Neither is inactivity. Doc thinks I have it in my shoulder. I don't know...just know there is lots of pain whether I use it or not. So I keep on using it...lol.
Hang in there, Jan.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you are all better soon! :)