Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New additions!

On Sunday, Norm got in the mood to do some traveling.  He gets “house bound” sometimes.  He also was getting “antzie” to go visit the new Menards store in Marshall, where niece Cookie lives.  So we packed Peanut up and headed northwest to Marshall for a day at Menards.

Any new store is busy and Menards was no exception.  It was busy and noisy and crowded.  We collected several things that Norm felt we needed.  I couldn’t buy anything for myself because Joy told me she had gotten me my Mother’s Day present and not to buy anything.  Well ..... food doesn’t count, so I got some Spice Drops on the way home.  And I doubt if she’s gotten me any corner rosettes - Norm is working on trims in the living room and studio and I want rosettes in the corners of the doorways.

So we survived Menards, packed the car with all of Norm’s goodies (craft glue, wood glue, tools for working in the house, a lamp for the living room corner (no, I don’t think Joy got me THAT, either) and headed to Cookie’s to visit.  It was Candy’s last day of work on Monday so she was looking forward to coming home.  I gave Cookie a cast iron griddle (I’m gifting my family with cast iron - an inventory showed me that I would never use all the pans at one time and my dad gave me a “new” griddle that I like better).

We headed home and Norm went out to do chores; he came in saying “dress warm and come to the barn!”

Yup, Lulu had given birth to two very healthy lambs!  A young ram-ling (male) and a young ewe-ling (female).  Fortunately for all, Lulu is a good momma and all are doing well.

We are hoping that Soot will have her lambs, as well.  She looks to be fattening up and looks to be “bagging up,” as well.  So we will see.

As far as names, I have asked FaceBook friends as well as Joy, Bitty and Bubba to supply me with ideas.  Norm has picked out two of the choices and I will think about those over night to see if they will fit.

It’s been raining, snowing, blowing and being not-very-nice.  The lambs are in the barn with Lulu and will not go out until the ground dries up some and the sun comes out for more that 15 minutes at a time.  But it’s a beautiful day, none-the-less.  You have a beautiful day.


Little girl on the left, little boy (bigger than girl) on the right

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

They are just a cute as they can be..Menards must be doing OK..I think one opened up in Bemidji the other day too:)

Candy Duell said...

Congrats! What nice healthy looking babies they are too! :)

Frances said...

Lulu is looking at you like she really , really loves and trusts you!
xxxxxxxxxxxx