Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Wistful Wednesday


This was taken sometime between 1960 and 1962.  My dad took Christmas family photos every year that I remember.  The bush in Cara's hand is a small pine tree that we planted when we first moved to this house.

Candy, Cara and Charles are in front - Dad, me, Mom in the back.  Notice the planned three and three staggering!  

The Christmas photos were unhappy to live with - they were taken with Polaroid so you could instantly see how terrible someone looked, so we had to take a lot of pictures to make sure that EVERYONE was perfect. 

But the pain of the taking is forgotten with the pleasure of the memories and the actual photo that survived.

1 comment:

Nezzy said...

Now that's a good group picture. Not a single person was photoshopped in. Heeehehehe!!!

Back in the day I won the first Polaroid camera manufactured. I still have the thing sittin' up in my closet! Think it's worth anything other than memories??? :o)

God bless ya and have a most beautiful day sweetie!!!