Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jill!

Besides Veterans Day, today is also Jill's birthday!  I won't say how old, because most girls are sensitive to their ages until they hit around 62, when they get excited about retiring and getting Social Security.  And then, in their 80s, they get proud of being "so old" and aren't ashamed to admit how old they are!

On this auspicious day,  Jill is traveling with Eric and Remy and heading home.  After too many years away from easy visiting from me, they are moving back to Minnesota and will live in the Cities.

This picture was taken when we were in Australia, where Jill was born.  She is balancing on a see-saw.  Notice the hat ... over there, the sun was so hot that no child was allowed outside in the summer without a hat to protect their heads.  When we first moved there and didn't realize it, I got scolded by total strangers until I got into the habit of putting hats on the girls' heads.


Happy Birthday, baby!  May you continue to balance well in your upcoming years as a wonderful daughter.  We love you!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Hi Connie.
Please send me your mailing address to jan@beane.org. I have something to mail to you..a gift as I will not be making any more to sell I don't think. No charge to you, thanks.
Jan

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday to your Jill..I hope the move goes safely for them..I know you must be real excited to have them close to you again:)