Monday, October 11, 2010

How many people are IN you?

I have talked about Patience and Harley - very dear friends of ours and thought I would show you some of their characters that we have "met" and loved in the past (and still love).

These are some of the twenty to thirty some characters in their heads -especially Patience.  And to be truthful, Patience and Harley are not their real names - but a lot of people don't know the real ones.  Patience and Harley are the characters that are the most often "out" of their brains.

If you think I am making fun of them, I am.  But I can't make as much fun of them as they do, themselves.  For example, before the Big Island Rendezvous, Patience was looking for Icky Ethel's costume and was in the closet calling "Ethel, where ARE you?"  Harley walked in and said, "Honey, I think you've LOST it!"  Yes, I think she has, if she's talking to one of her personalities as a separate being.

So, without further ado, may I interest you in some pretty snazzy people?


Photobucket
Wild Bill Hickok

Photobucket
Calamity Jane

Photobucket
Marguerite

Photobucket
Harley's Mom, Molly and "Britta Gunderson"

Photobucket
Jennie Sheehan and Colonel Sheehan

Photobucket
Mrs. Sheehan was the wife of a Civil War hero but her grave was unmarked. 
Patience did research and found the grave (next to her husband) and put a marker there.
We had a beautiful ceremony with many friends joining in.

Photobucket
I can NEVER remember who Harley is when in uniform ... sorry, Harley!
He is either a general, colonel, captain, major, sergeant or private; each one is a different personality with a different name.

Photobucket
Icky Ethel

Photobucket
Miss Sarah with Bubba when Bubba was about five

Photobucket
Bubba wanted one of the Hissing Cockroaches that Ethel usually has.  
Miss Sarah, Ethel and many other characters sell them to children, with parental approval.

Photobucket
Under our fly.  She is a licensed cannoneer

Photobucket
I simply can NOT remember who these two are!

Photobucket
"Gay" photographer / marshal
  • PhotobucketMargarita before the fight (she and a friend stage a fight and she gets killed)
These are just a few of their characters .... I am sort-of their unofficial photographer but have not gotten all of the characters that *I* have met on film and have not met nearly half of them, even though I known them for about ten years. 

A brief list of others that they portray - Libby and George Custer (I KNOW I have pictures of them somewhere), a salon gal who is based on history and is Wild Bill's mistress (in Patience's little world).  A woman (name escapes me, wonder why?) who runs an early western "dude" ranch in Montana.  A gambler who plays cards (that's Patience ... he's the side-kick who protects her and her winnings).


I am sorry, kids, if I missed out on the proper names ... if YOU can't keep track of who you are, how do you expect ME to?


I hope the rest of you enjoyed meeting my friends ... wish you could meet them in person.  


OH!  And a rare (RARE indeed) picture of the two of them in "civilian" clothes.

Photobucket



Photobucket
I'm not sure, but I think that this is the second of three (or four?) larger trailers


I've had a beautiful day going down memory lane with my friends - you have a beautiful day.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

What fun! I still like Icky Ethyl the best! How wonderful to have this couple as friends! :)

Anonymous said...

Connie
Gee, you make us sound so........ well..........crazy? Ha Ha, pretty good blog. Names? Heck, I cant remember them all!!!!
Harley

Anonymous said...

Connie:
Your blog was great and thanks for putting pictures in that I did not know you had!!!!! We had a great time with you guys and hope to see you soon.

Love Patience