Monday, August 09, 2010

A-L-L-L-L Gone!

The last kitten left for his new home this morning.  WHEW!  When I realized that all nine (count them, NINE) kittens were going to survive, I was in a panic.  How would I get rid of these kittens legally?  Of course Norm kept saying he'd take them for a ride and dump them off at someone's door-step, but I knew he was joking - Candy and I both would have killed him if he did that!

But it looked like I was in BIG trouble!  Finding nine good homes for kittens, no matter how cute they are, is pretty tough.  As you know, I struggled on and this weekend had only two left.  Wow!

I could have easily kept Gandalf, as he's a cutie and a sweetie, but I never really liked Feisty that well.  He is a sweet kitten but he's not my favorite color combination.

Gandalf
Feisty

Candy has been in love with Gandalf since he was tiny and we didn't know if he would be "Gandalf" or "Dove" (female).  Every time I took kittens somewhere or caught kittens for giving away, I managed to not catch Gandalf, who really happened to be the easiest to catch.  Every time I would give kittens away, Candy would say - "Give him away if you are sure he will go to a good home."  But he would stay home, waiting for Candy's decision - positive "yes" or positive "no."

Friday I got a phone call from a gal who wanted both kittens and would come and collect them today.  I told Candy she had until Monday morning to decide for sure.  Yesterday she called and said "I'm coming!"  She picked him up and plans on having him as a totally inside cat. 

I told the gal that I only had one kitten but that the Farm had some kittens; when she picked Feisty up, Norm took her over to the Farm and she got two of their kittens (all gray) to take home too.

So I'm happy, Norm's happy, Candy's happy, the Farm people are happy and all the new people are happy with their kittens.

In about a month I will take Scooter in to have her spayed and next year we won't have to worry about kittens at all!

It's a hot day, muggy and still.  But it's a beautiful kitten-less day!  You have a beautiful day.

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Gandalf is a beauty.. I am so glad you found homes for them all! I hope Peanut is doing ok! :)

smallpines.com said...

Glad the kits got all sorted out! They're beautiful, and bless you for handling that all so nicely. That first photo is gorgeous!!

Nezzy said...

Awwww, kitties! My cat has disappeared coyotes I fear! This is the second year this Ozark farm chick has lost a cat to 'em. Ya'll know every farm needs a good mouser. I want one! :o)

From the crazy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!

Nezzy said...

I just wanted to pop over and thank you for your sweet comment over at Cow Patty. I have eight grandkiddos five boys and three girls. They range from 15.5- one year. Never, ever a dull moment 'round here! :o)

Gail said...

It is wonderful that you found all a good home.

Need some more???