Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bad news, good news

Yesterday, in the midst of working on the computer, my screen went black and a message came on the screen.  There was a full screen of list of connectors to the computer and on the bottom of the screen was this:

"Internal hard drive corrupt"

OOOOFTA!

I did an emergency call to computer guru, Vern and promised him a life-time of free eggs if he could rescue me.

Good news?  He has a choice of two hard drives to put in my computer.  He is doing a diagnostic test today and will fix it, hopefully, by tomorrow.

I am at the Windom library, using their computer to check my emails and let everyone know where I am in the course of things.

Hope that it works out quickly.  I feel like a one-legged pirate without my peg and without a crutch.

Besides that, it's a beautiful day - we are hinting at sunshine and the weathermen promise sun and warmth by Saturday.  You have a beautiful day and I'll see you on the other side of a new hard drive.

No comments: