Thursday, April 15, 2010

Courage and determination

When you are raising anything – vegetables, fruits, trees, animals or children, you need to make sure that you have the right combination of things to grow your life-entities into mature, happy adults.

You need good soil (pasture, good parents), good fertilizer (healthy food), sunshine and plenty of water.

If you have all of these, you should end up with a healthy mature crop of whatever life-entity you are raising. If you don’t, more than likely you will end up with stunted adult life-entities, either in mind or body.

So, with all this knowledge, how did this happen? This lovely little violet is growing in my driveway … just a crack in the cement with very little of anything it needs except for sunshine and rain. How did it start and how is it surviving?




On another note, it is in the 70s today and there is very little breeze. We have birds all over the place! I hear mourning doves when I go out in the early morning. We heard a woodpecker but couldn’t see it today – it sounded like a Pileated because it was so loud and sounded like it was in the lane but it was out of sight! We saw some birds that looked like Red bellied Woodpeckers or Northern Flickers but they moved too fast for even Norm to identify.

I love Spring and I am enjoying it a lot, going outside as much as I can and watching the gardens … soon, perhaps, we can actually work in them.

The family enjoying a beautiful Spring day
 
It’s a beautiful day today – you have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Great post. 70s huh...here it has turned cold and raw. However with everything throwing pollen I have to stay inside anyway!
Tired today...I hope somewhere there is some energy I can grab onto!

dogsmom said...

Quit hogging all that wonderful Spring weather! I can't even remember the one or possibly 2 days we had way back when. I have been taking plants out for some sun, but worry about the wind, and then back in again at night. when it finally does get warm enough to plant I will have to hussle!
Do enjoy your violet.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Some little seeds are survivors and just bloom where they landed! :)