Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Catching up

First, as I said, Ken is home. He spent a quiet night and is resting comfortably now. He watched TV – the taped Olympics that he has missed – and had a good supper before going to bed. Joy and I “tag teamed” for his pills during the night. Joy said he slept all night until she would wake him for pills; that is better than at the hospital when you get NO sleep because the nurses are always checking on you.

So, Monday was Norm’s birthday – we celebrated Sunday night, and then went shopping for some groceries Monday morning before he and Peanut headed home. I wanted to keep Peanut here but Norm said it would be better for her to go home with him. It would keep it quieter here for Ken – when Tasha and Peanut are together, they both tend to bark more. Also, I think Norm wanted her home so he wouldn’t be so lonesome.
Norm got a new welding helmet for his birthday
We all (Joy, Bill, the girls and I) went up to the hospital to spend time with Ken. It was the first time the girls had seen him since he left for the hospital on Friday morning.
Girls in the waiting room as there were too many people in the hospital room at that time
Bill drove everyone (except Joy) to Martial Arts. Bitty has a yellow belt and Bubba has a white belt. Joy called close to quitting time to tell us that a friend was going to take her home so we didn’t have to go back to the hospital to pick her up. Great for us!

My favorite granddaughters
One of the routines they practice

Bitty with her routine

Punching bag to strengthen them

Tuesday morning, Ken called to say that he was able to come home that day so Joy and Bill went up after lunch, expecting to have to stay until about suppertime. But at 3:00, in came Ken, exciting the girls very much.

So, that’s what’s been going on. Bitty is working on her loom – we’ve had problems with it but it’s getting closer to actual weaving. I am dressing my loom that I purchased from Deanna and the girls are helping me with that. They are also doing their schoolwork and housework.

Joy and Ken are resting in the bedroom. Ken is probably sleeping and Joy is knitting and keeping him company. 

Norm will be back on Friday and then we will go home on Sunday. So, that’s the news from Lake Woebegone, where the women are strong, the men are good looking and the children are above average. 

It is a beautiful sunny day and the temperature will be in the lower 40s. You have a beautiful day.


smallpines said...

As always - So much going on there! Neat martial arts pics! Enjoy the Olympics, Ken; and Happy Norm Day to Norm. Almost Spring!

Frances said...

Glad y'all managed to keep to some routine whole life was turned opside down in the days after hubby's op!

love to all

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday to Norm! I am glad to hear that Ken is doing ok. Those girls are something else..way to go in those classes!! :)