Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Winter frost

I love snowy / cold winter-time (well, when I'm inside, looking out).  It has the most awesome scenes --- probably more than any other season.  Friend Jody said I should put my sunset picture on as my header, so I have.  And I have frosty pictures to share with you, now.  Hope you don't get bored.  I never do!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sunrise through a frosty window

Photobucket

Photobucket

On another note, today is the anniversary of the deadlist blizzard in American history - 1888 - this is the same year as Laura Ingalls Wilder's "Long Winter" -- and also the same year as my relatives moved to Big Stone County in South Dakota and lived as a large extended family in a home because they were afraid, rightly so, that the sod houses they were in would be covered with snow.


It is a beautiful sunny day with little wind.  You have a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Oh I love the frosting on the trees.

Candy Duell said...

I love them Connie! Beautiful!