Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ken!

Today is my oldest son-in-law’s birthday.  Ken is forty!!!  As Norm and I have had no sons, having sons-in-law is the next best thing.  And sometimes I feel that it’s better than having our own sons – in-laws don’t have to take credit for the way a man turns out if they don’t raise him.  Right?

Well, I would be glad to take credit for the way that Ken turned out – he is the bestest son-in-law I’ve ever had (well, I have to qualify that, as I have two of them – he’s the bestest OLDEST son-in-law). 

Ken is always smiling, is a hard worker; this summer he’s been helping us re-side and re-build the outside of our house and has worked twelve to fourteen hours a day with no complaints.  He is a great husband, a great father and a great guy. 

And the best part?  He likes ME.  At least, if he doesn’t, he’s the world’s greatest actor, as well.

Happy Birthday, Ken.  My life was blessed when you came into it.  I love you!

3 comments:

Candy Duell said...

Happy Birthday Ken, and Connie, it sounds like you and Norm are very lucky! He is a great fellow, and treats his mom and dad inlaw very well.

Nezzy said...

Happy, Happy birthday to Ken. I just celebrated my birthday Monday!

My parents adopted this Ozarks farm chicks Hubby many, many moons ago. Dad really tried hard to turn me into the boychild he never had so the pressure was off when I said, "I do!"

I really enjoyed my hike through your blog today. Ya'll have a super enjoyable day!!!

smallpines said...

Happy birthday to Ken! Sounds like you guys have a really wonderful family!