Saturday, August 29, 2009

Yarns, anyone?

We went to the State Fair this Thursday – spent a lovely day with loved ones and came home with a State Fair Hangover – too much noise, walking, fair food and excitement.

Friday, I gathered our yarns to sell. I will take them to the events this fall and hope that they sell.

Which reminds me, I have not mentioned the new business, have I? Candy and I have started “A Sisters’ Thing” – we hope to sell raw fleece, processed rovings and top, handspun yarn and finished projects. This is our first batch of yarns. I will soon put them up, individually, with prices, so that if you are interested, you can purchase them.

Joy is a spinner extraordinaire and Bitty is coming close to matching her. Bubba is more interested in crocheting than spinning right now, but does a fine job for her age (nearly eleven!).

And speaking of crocheting, Bitty put in a cotton baby blanket and two skeins of handspun yarn into the County Fair – 4-H – and Bubba put in a small handbag and handspun, crocheted hot pad. They received blue ribbons on all their projects! I’m hoping Joy will put the pictures on her blog!

It was a beautiful few days with family; it’s always fun to be around them. Ken was as loving and helpful as always. I enjoy picking on him, as he picks on me unmercifully!

It will be a beautiful cool fall day today. You have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Oh, Connie, your yarn is beautiful.
Jan