Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Joy

On August 31st, many many years ago, Joy Natalie Peterson came into this world.  I cannot say how many years ago, as she will kill me if I do. 

Joy was our first child and the first grandchild in my family.  We were all very excited to welcome her into the world.

As all parents can honestly say, it is not been a “happily ever after” life with any child, but when the child you struggle to raise properly turns out lovely inside as outside, it is worth all the struggle.

Joy is as beautiful inside as outside.  She is generous to everyone she loves.  She is talented in any craft that she chooses to learn and becomes extremely skilled in that craft.  She is a hard worker and unstoppable when she begins a job.

Joy has given us a wonderful son-in-law and 2 beautiful grandchildren.

I don’t know anyone who does not love and admire my sweet baby. 

Happy birthday, sweetheart.  Stay as lovely as you are, forever.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Oh my...you look so young!

Leslie Shelor said...

A lovely tribute!

Candy Duell said...

Happy Birthday Joy! And yes Connie, you do look very young in that picture, which is wonderful :)

Candy T said...

That was a VERY long time ago. Are we old?