Monday, May 04, 2009

Just for today …………..

I will be grateful!

I have spent way too much time complaining about this knee and have decided that I AM going to think positive and gratefully for what I CAN do. And Crystal, at therapy, says, “In six months you’ll be happy that you went through the operation!” She also said that each day is a little bit better for what I can do.

So, today, I DROVE to therapy. Norm went to work and said, “You can do it!” So I did – sore when I drove home, but made it fine.

So, what else can I do? Well, I can walk to the mailbox (about an eighth of a mile, so it’s a quarter of a mile round trip. I did chores this weekend (and this morning) – going out to the barn to let the chickens out, feed the cats and fill the water bucket for the chickens.

I can walk to Norm’s shop a little easier, now and can go visit him. Stairs – I can (and sometimes do) step up with my right leg and pull myself up, carefully.

I can SPIN!!! With the double treadle, anyway.

I am sitting at the computer desk – I’ve put the computer up here and am no longer sitting in the recliner when I work on the computer. And I can spend more time sitting up.

I am more independent and am able to more around the kitchen and even sit at the table for an extended length of time.

I can ride three hours to the Cities without a severe amount of pain.

I can walk with my granddaughters around for a short amount of time, and it’s getting longer each time.

I can ALMOST ride my three-wheeler!

So, things ARE looking up and I have to stop thinking that the bad will never end.

I would like to thank you all for all your encouraging words and I promise that I will not complain, again, to you about my knee and will just give you GOOD updates.


It’s a beautiful, independent day here – you have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Frances said...

Babes, never thought you were complaining - just when you don't post for a while I sense you're not yourself!

Good to hear you're motivated. Maybe if you get some good weather days as well , you'll feel better all round.

Love you!

xxxx

Kati said...

YEAH for the progress, Connie!!! I'm glad to hear that you're doing better, even though I'm sure it feels to you as it's not coming along as quickly as you'd like. Baby-steps are the best way to keep from doing more damange than good, though.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better each day. I was worried about you and the fact that my silly dial up wouldn't let me on your blog was driving me crazy. BUT your starting to feel better and I am back on high speed, so we can say that "We're back baby!".

Remember don't over do it but keep working, you'll get there!

Lots of love

Heb