Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I lost my grandfather!

Does anyone know where he might be?

My dad is interested in doing something with my mother’s family tree and asked me to scan in the list of family members that I have on the genealogy.

Well, I got out my stack of papers to scan in and he’s gone! I have my great-great, Mathias Saueressig, born about 1809, with the list of his children. My great-grandfather, John, was born about 1843, but I don’t have a list of HIS children. It stops there.

Now, I KNOW I have that bunch of papers somewhere! I thought everything was all together, but I guess not!

I had the scanner here by my recliner, hooked up to the computer and ready to go, when WHOOSH – the plan was over. Back to the drawing board – or actually, back to the digging. I have looked in the file cabinets, in the cupboards, in some boxes that carry papers. It will take some time, I’m sure, but I know I will find Robert somewhere. I just hope it doesn’t take years to find the papers!


It was almost 50º today – just beautiful out, but it’s going to get cooler tomorrow and we have a chance of snow again on Thursday. This weather is so up-and-down! You would think we’d be used to it, but we never are. It was beautiful today – you have a beautiful day!


Here is a picture of great-grandfather John and great-grandmother Anna

Photobucket

2 comments:

City Mouse said...

What a wonderful photo! Hope you find your Grandfather! =)

How's the gettin' better? Good, I hope.

goodshepherd said...

I'm not for certain, but I believe that if you ever locate the Alum, your grampa should not be very far behind.