Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I can’t believe it’s been ten years!

Ten years ago today, our sister, Cara, left us. It was sudden, which, at the time, seemed more tragic to me. However, as I look back and as I still miss her, it would have been as tragic even if we had had time to know she was leaving and had time to say a proper goodbye.

I remember Cara from the time I was four – so she was a constant in my life. She and Candy were closer in age, as they were the two youngest in the family; they were closer in all things because of this.

Even after ten years, there is still anger (why did she leave us?), there is still grief (why did she leave us?), there is an empty hole in our hearts and lives (why did she leave us?).


Cara, I miss you. I wish you were here to be my mentor, my guide through life. I love you.


Photobucket




Photobucket



1 comment:

Moonbeam said...

Sad day for you. But she is with you and helping to guide you through life. And although you can't see her and touch her anymore, I bet if you concentrate you will "feel" her.