Sunday, January 04, 2009

I found him!

I knew what photo album Sundown was stored in, but couldn't find the album! So, here he is, in all his glory! Norm was six feet tall, so you can see how "little" Sunny was in comparison to Norm.

One story I must tell, of all the stories I have of Sunny - he used to follow me with his nose on my shoulder. But he also used to give me "love bites" on said shoulder, which, for me, were bruising. So I asked Norm and he said to slug him!

Slug my baby? But I did realize that any blows I might give him, even on his tender nose, would be very slight compared to the bruises on my shoulder.

So I got ready and when he bit me, I hauled off and knocked him in the nose with my fist. He threw his head back, then continued walking with his nose on my shoulder, but never bit me again! Whew!!

Okay, I forgot that he had a strip on his nose as well as the spot on his forehead!!

Hope you enjoy his pictures! I certainly do!
Photobucket
Ready for grooming

Photobucket

Have a beautiful memory filled day!

6 comments:

City Mouse said...

Good golly - what a gorgeous house. And beautiful photos too. Those surely are wonderful memories!

goodshepherd said...

He is absolutely GORGEOUS! (The horse, not Norm....tee-hee). He looks like a Fresian Stallion! Good golly, you must have had such fun with him. Luck you! Keep all the good memories, dear-heart. He'll be with you again, some day....

Tracey said...

What a great looking horse! I'd have been mighty proud to own him, too.

And it's so true that we can't do near the damage to them that they can to us. I've had to thump a few who were wanting to give me love bites, too :)

Cris said...

Awesome pictures and memories, funny what you said that Norm was 6 feet tall, he looks tall still in the pictures on your blog. :-) Wishing you and your family a wonderful year!!! blessings

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great looking horse Connie! It sounds like he was a good friend! :)

Kati said...

What a beauty Sundown was, Connie!!! And your hubby.... *grin* You've got good taste in the Men in your life! *wink*

Hope you're staying warm and having a peaceful January so far!!!