Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Historic Day

Well, no matter whom you voted for, you will have to admit – this truly IS a historic day!

I never believed that I would see the day that an African-American becomes President of the United States!

It is a bright new day in America and I sincerely hope that all the hate that has been spreading around the country in this last election will now cease. I would wish that everyone, for or against our new President would give him a chance before criticizing. After all, he DID say, “So help me God” not “So help me Allah.” And used a Bible, not a Koran.

Give him a chance!! Let’s look to the future and not the past and pray that America once again becomes a bright star in the heavens and a true leader on earth.


It’s a beautiful new day today – you have a beautiful day!

5 comments:

Tracey said...

There's an award waiting for you to pick up over at the Diaries, dear!

cherylhotton said...

Hi Connie , I love your blog and I visit everyday to see if you posted . I am a Canadian and was moved to tears yesterday during the swearing in ceremonies . It was a great day for the world . We are especailly proud that President Obama's first international trip will be to Canada.

Kati said...

Well said, Connie! I've had to remind my hubby over and over again that the fact that he doesn't like our new president doesn't mean he can't acknowledge him AS president any more than the fact that Bush was so disliked changed the fact that HE was president. And, as I've told the hubby, Bush EARNED the dislike heaped upon him. Obama hasn't even had a chance yet. We'll see. I'm hopeful, but not too much. I still recognize that Obama IS a politician, and I have an innate dis-trust of politicians of ANY stripe, creed or religion at this point.

Ellie said...

Are you trying to say that it would be OK to hate him and criticize him had said Allah? And since he grew up a Christian, why would you even think that up? I mean, why not use a Buddhist reference? Sorry, I am confused as that whole reference comes out of nowhere.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Connie, I am proud to say I voted and supported our new President from the beginning of the caucuses here in Iowa.........yes we can, I am very proud to be an American, not so much under Bush.