Monday, October 20, 2008

And now Sunday

Okay, we got home last night about sundown after a long but pleasant day! Charles and CJ left very early in the morning, as they had further to go than we did. We had breakfast at Denny’s and headed up north. I had wanted to stop at an antique store, as I had a special gift in mind for Jody, who was doing our chores, as always.

We stopped to have lunch at a Taco John’s, one of Norm’s favorite restaurants, then stopped at a very nice antique shop. I said (in my head) that I wanted this special something (can’t say – she hasn’t collected it, yet), and walked right to the booth that had that special something! I know you will like it, Jody – I do and we have very similar tastes. I also found something cool for me, but can’t show that yet, either, as it is too much like Jody’s and I don’t want to spoil her surprise!

After the antique shop (way too much time spent and not enough money, as I found a grandfather clock I wanted but couldn’t afford), we went to a Lewis and Clark display on the Missouri River, just inside Nebraska.

Another “way too much time spent” and we were on our way home. When we got to Sioux City, we needed to take our short cut home but Norm forgot to mention the road number and I didn’t pay attention until after we passed it. All of a sudden, we were in South Dakota, heading to Sioux Falls! So we spent ANOTHER “way too much time spent” looking for a road east into Iowa and our road home.

But finally, finally, we were home! We had a beautiful trip, even though it was longer than expected, after a beautiful weekend. It was another beautiful day today. I don’t know how long this gorgeous weather will last, but you have a beautiful day tomorrow!

My brother Charles entertained us with his Indian flute he got this summer

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Candy Duell said...

Great picutes Connie, and it looks like a great day, even though you went on another path. I am sure it was beautiful.