Friday, April 11, 2008

We’ve got babies!

Sometime in the night, Scooter had her babies and I got pictures of them this afternoon. There are four of them, and they are all female, I think. From what I can tell (it’s hard to reach them and hold them), they are all calico in some spots of their bodies.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Scooter is a "muted" calico - gray instead of black ... telling Peanut that she can't come visit
Now, not everyone knows, but calicos are all females. This is such a positive fact PT Barnum offered a million dollars (so I’m told) for someone who could bring in an authentic calico MALE cat. And, so I’m told, the offer is still out there. Whether or not that offer is true, I have personally checked every calico cat I’ve ever run across – and that is many, as my sister-in-law in South Dakota raises seven million nine hundred and ninety nine cats every year and almost half of them are calicos. (Well, maybe not THAT many!)

In fact, Scooter, proud mommy, came from sister-in-law Mavis last spring. Which reminds me … Glenda, if you read this, please tell your mom that Scooter has some babies and offer half of them back in payment for Scooter!

On another note, we’ve missed the BIG snow that was promised – we had snow and wet and rain; most of the snow is gone, already, but the moisture is marvelous!! But driving is pretty sloppy, though; we went to visit our closest neighbors to the east, the Steeres, and slid sideways almost all the way there and back!

Photobucket


Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day – drier, less wind and warmer. You have a beautiful day!

5 comments:

jayedee said...

how sweet! calicos are my favorite.
what am i saying? they're ALL my favorite (much to my husbands chagrin)

Jan said...

Oh Connie,
Kittens are so neat! Fun watch, fun to play with! Jan

Kati said...

Awwww!!!! I'd say calicos are my favorite too, but that's just not true. I love ALL cats except Sphinx cats (which are just too ugly, sorry to say). Sending some snuggles from Alaska, if Mama will allow you to pass them on for me!!!

The Unusually Unusual Farmchick said...

Kittens are always so cute, as most babies are. Can't wait to see what 4 legged's pop in next! ;)

The Scavenger said...

Beautiful babies. We just had 3 a few days ago too. 2 calico and 1 gray stripe. Mother is a calico that wandered this way about 5 years ago and we love her dearly. I have pics of the kittens on my blog.