Thursday, March 27, 2008

Snow!

We woke up this morning to four inches of snow, as promised. However, I never believe the promises unless they actually come to fruition! And this one did! What a change, overnight!


Photobucket

View from my bedroom window of the lilac bushes

Photobucket
What wild animal is this? Any guesses? (Answer in the next post!)

Photobucket
Spook is enjoying the snow

And we have tons and tons of “snow birds” – Juncos. I love them – they are so soft looking and sweet looking. They always gather in strength, it seems, when there is snow coming or is snow on the ground. Today was no different.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Have I mentioned - I love Juncos!

Photobucket
I believe this is a female Purple Finch
On another note, Joy has a lovely slide show on her blog that has more Easter pictures. Step over and see them, if you like! Someday I might put a slide show on my blog.

And on another, more exciting note, my son-in-law, Ken (husband to Joy, not to be confused with son-in-law Eric, married to Jill) has a new job. He has just accepted a position as a trouble-shooter of some kind for construction. This will be a traveling situation, I believe. Right now he is in Florida, working with his new boss, then will come home for a week, then head out to New Mexico for six months. The plan, as of right now, is that Joy and the girls will join him during most of that time. Congratulations, Ken!! Good luck in your new job!!

A beautiful snowy day but the snow is melting already – a great boost in the moisture department. You have a beautiful day!

Photobucket


Photobucket

3 comments:

Frances said...

Spook must like it extreme, sitting out in that!!!!

x
Fran

Jan said...

No one told us here we were getting snow again! I am tired of this very long winter.

Beverly said...

Hi, It was good to see you comment on FarmGirl, so I headed over to say hello. Man, you still have snow???
Thankfully it is getting warm here.