Friday, March 21, 2008

Is your egg standing?

Mine isn’t and I can’t figure out why! This is the time of the year that an egg will stand on edge for at least a week – something to do with the Equinox and the way the earth is bending or moving or something. But this year …………

Photobucket

However, we do have robins back! And grackles (not that I am crazy about grackles but they ARE a sign of spring!). Sister Candy just saw a red-headed finch! She gets more variety than I do!

Photobucket

This weekend, being Easter, I am having family here. Joy and family will arrive tomorrow morning; brother Charles, with our parents, will arrive tomorrow night. The folks are staying with Candy and the rest are staying here. Niece Cookie might be here if the weather is too bad to go to the cities – she has been invited by a cousin to join them there this year.

Jill and Eric cannot be here (sigh) because she can’t get enough time off to make it worthwhile to be here. But we will see them soon, as they are coming in June for Eric’s graduation ceremony. He is very near completion of his schooling!! Congratulations, Eric! I am sure they will be here in spirit.

However, Jill and Ashley are working on a “beam-me-up-Scottie” device so that we can all be zapped instantaneously to a common meeting spot. I hope they finish it soon!

Speaking of Jill, she has gotten a promotion at work. She is now a “lead” in her department; this makes it possible for her to tell others what to do! Congratulations, Jill!

It’s above freezing today but raining so it’s soggy and damp and chilly, but at least the wind is not blowing (whew!). It was blowing gales last night from the north. When we get a north wind, there is someplace on the house / roof that sounds like it’s going to go any minute, so we lay in bed listening to the noise and wondering how soon our house will collapse. At least *I* wonder!! Norm claims the house is secure, no matter what it sounds like!

So, spring is supposedly here! I hope so, but will believe it when I feel it! We still have nearly two months before we can safely plant in the garden. Seeds can go in by the middle of May, perhaps, but plants themselves can’t go in until the end of May unless you are really, really brave!

It will be a beautiful weekend, no matter what the weather. You have a beautiful weekend! Happy Spring!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ostara blessings , Connie.
It's the same here - cold winds , snow and HAILSTONES making it seem very far from what the celebration's actually about. We'll get going with our gardens eventually!

x
Maidmyown

Kati said...

Also wishing you a blessed Ostara and Easter!!! Sorry to hear that your egg wouldn't stand on end yesterday.

Sorry to hear that Jill & Eric couldn't make it this year, but I hope y'all have a lovely weekend anyway.

Wireless said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Servidores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

TV de Plasma said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

Sonia said...

I wish you and yours a Happy Easter!

Jan said...

Happy Easter, Connie. I hope your weather is better than ours. I am sitting at DH school sending this dressed in heavy ski pants and warm wool sox. What a long winter this has bee!

Candy Duell said...

Happy Easter Connie and family. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cris said...

Happy Spring Connie! For some reason I can not see the comment line on the Easter post, so I will comment here, I had one of those chickens when I was little, oh my Connie... some 30 years ago and I hadn't seen them in so long! So nice to come here and find little things like these that make our day!