Saturday, March 01, 2008

Company has come and gone

We had a couple from the cities come last night to spend a day – and have headed out again. It was perfect timing as they were then here for Norm’s birthday. We had a pork roast that they brought; I marinated it in my FoodSaver marinater. We had baked sweet potatoes (first time for me and I really like them!), a nice recipe for rolls, cole slaw and applesauce. The applesauce was from our trees this past year.

Our friend Katie came over to visit and enjoy dinner as well. Then a nice visit before Kevin and Julie headed home.

Tomorrow morning we will head to the cities ourselves to celebrate Norm’s birthday with family. Joy called this morning and the girls sang “Happy Birthday” to their Grandpa, which thrilled him to no end!

On a personal note, I will report my progress at the “Wellness Center.” Those who don’t care can avert their eyes or leave at this time!

I have built up to three miles an hour for speed and do a little over a mile each of the three days. I am working at level six on the reclining stepmaster thingie for ten minutes. I tried the knee-saving elliptical (I think) machine for about one minute, but couldn’t get it to keep on “start,” so it kept going higher than level one. I need to get someone to show Candy and me how to run those things. I have started pulling down the level four weights (which is supposed to be about nineteen pounds, I think, although why they don’t just SAY what the weights are!); I am lifting UP level three weights; it’s harder to lift up than pull down. I am spending more than forty-five minutes there, normally an hour. I have not lost any weight, according to my thirty-year-old scale but some of my clothes feel a little looser!

Okay, everyone, you can look again if you want! Happy Owl had this on her blog and I thought it was fun. While I’m listening to Prairie Home Companion and trying to digest my dinner and not be so full so I can have more, I’m going to put it here. Anyone who wants to join in, feel free.

SCATTERGORIES" ...It's harder than it looks! Copy and paste into your blog and try it!**Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following --they have to be real places, names, things ...nothing made up! You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question.


What is your name....................Connie
4 Letter word........................coin

Vehicle..............................car
City.................................Chicago
Boy Name............................. Colin
Girl Name............................ Colleen
Alcoholic Drink......................(Oh, help!) Canadian Black (had to do a Internet search for this!)
Occupation........................... Computer Geek
Something you wear................... Coat
Celebrity............................ Cary Grant
Food................................. Crab (yum)
Something found in a bathroom............ Cold water if you are UNLUCKY
Reason for being late................ Cramps
Cartoon Character.................... Caillou
Something you shout.................. Coooooooeeeeeeeeee! (Australian)Animal............................... Cow (my favorite)
Body part............................ curls
Word to describe you................. Confused

On a last note, I heard from Carla Lynne today, so anyone thinking she’s on another planet can breath a sigh of relief. She has been busy with family things and is moving to another campground very soon; she hopes to have internet service so she can start blogging again.

It was a beautifully sunny day today. You have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

happyowl said...

what exactly is Canadian Black? I never heard of it?

I'm glad to hear Carla is still going. I've been thinking of her lots lately.

Love ya

Heb

MarmiteToasty said...

HAPPY MUVVERS DAY :)

x

Kati said...

Thanks for posting your scattergories answers, Connie!!! It's lots of fun to see what other people come up with. (I had to do an online search for my cartoon-character answer. I just couldn't think of an answer that began with "K" until I saw the list that included kermit. *grin*)

Glad the visit with family & friends went well.

As for the exercising.... It sounds like you're burning fat, and building a bit of muscle already. That can happen in as little as a couple of weeks. Your clothes start fitting better, but your scale doesn't really show much improvement. It means that your muscle tone is increasing, and your fat-stores are decreasing, but as muscle weighs heavier than fat, you may not see much of a loss in numbers. Get a tape-measure & take your waist, hip, thigh, arm, etc.... measurements, and in a couple of months, compare. It's great to see when you're losing inches, especially when you're not seeing great losses in weight.

That's fantastic that you're being able to increase your time, your levels, and the amount of weight you're lifting!!!! Keep up the fantastic work!

Sonia said...

Hi Connie, just dropping by to say hello!

Have a nice week ahead!