Friday, February 22, 2008

A quiet house

Norm took my babies back to the Farm yesterday. I said goodbye to them as Candy and I went shopping in Mankato. When I came home, the only one there was Peanut. So I have cleaned the floor, washed all the towels and rags and am going to put the bottles and tools away for (hopefully) the next time.

Norm has promised that I can go see the boys today and I will take my camera and take pictures of their new / old home. They are tucked away in a separate pen with a heat lamp and will be fed often; they will now start nibbling on hay and drinking water, as bottle-fed babies start eating “real” food earlier than other ones. However, most kids and lambs nibble on anything in sight from the moment they are born!

It got up to +18º yesterday and is already +4º this morning! I will head out, soon, for exercise and I know it won’t be such a struggle as it normally is to go out to start the car.

Today is my cousin Kathy’s birthday. She was born on Washington’s birthday many many eons ago (actually only 2 years before I was born!). Happy birthday, Kathy, and many, many more!

My friend Moonbeam sent me pictures of the eclipse the other night. She actually went OUTSIDE in this cold winter and got some lovely pictures. Much better than I did, but then, I’m a wimp when it comes to cold weather!


Photobucket


Photobucket



It is supposed to get up to about +25º (I love that “+” sign – so much better than below 0º, don’t you think?) and little wind. It will be a beautiful day – you have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

jayedee said...

awwwwwwwww! poor lil guys! and poor mama too! that's the part i always find the hardest--letting go (kid or critter)

Kati said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to your cousin Kathy!!!!

There's an award waiting you at my place!!!

Gardengirl1952 said...

Thanks for visiting my post. Paul is feeling better.
The boys will do great now they can get some education on speech from the adult goats. Sure seems that the adopted ones grow and wean the fastest not that they won't beg to get hand fed in the barn and will follow you along the fence line or thru the feild because they'll always know your sent as their mama.
Linda