Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine’s Day (again!)

Norm brought me a present tonight and I thought I’d share!

This is Valentino; he is about 30 hours old. His Momma is a youngster, way too young to have a baby, but then, how many times do we tell these young teenagers and they don’t listen?



Photobucket


Now, Norm says he goes back to the farm when he’s back to being healthy but I don’t THINK so! He will stay here with me cause I’m the only one who can properly take care of him, right? Plus, Peanut thinks he’s pretty special, too!



Photobucket



Photobucket


Jody, soon-to-be-neighbor, is coming from the cities tonight, so she’s bringing a premie goat bottle / nipple for me to feed him. Right now I’m feeding him with a syring because he is too weak to use a normal lamb / goat nipple.

While I was getting supper ready (Candy and Wayne came over for French Onion Soup and Swiss Cheese and Ham toasted on Rye), Eric called. He has done a random act of kindness, as well, today. He found a bird outside and captured it; he is now looking for the owner but will take it to a Shelter if he can’t find the owner.


Photobucket


Animal rescues all over the place!! Wayne rescued a woodpecker this afternoon that had hit their window and was so stunned it was freezing to death!!


A beautiful (but cold) day tomorrow. You have a beautiful day!

9 comments:

happyowl said...

Oh Connie, he's DARLING!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think there is anyone else in the world who can take better care of him than you! You tell Norm I said that too!

Lots of love to the newest family member!

Love

Heb

Anonymous said...

Oooh, good luck with him!!!!

Fran
x

happyowl said...

your valentines dinner sounds yummy!!!

I use 1 TBSP of baking soda and mix with water to make a paste. The secret is in the massaging of the roots. Start at the crown and work forward(just like in the hair salons, I'm told). After you have massaged all your scalp, leave the mixture on for 1 minute. Rinse really, really well! I use apple cidar vinegar to rinse. I pour it on the ends of my hair only and leave on for another minute.

The only downside I can see to using "no poo" is my showers have gone from 5 minutes to 15, it takes a long time to rinse out my thin, semi- long, curly hair.

I am so jelous of your new baby! He is so cute and cuddly!!! Enjoy him and peanut!


Love always

Heb

happyowl said...

Oh, I forgot!!!! Blond/ grey moment!

Remember when we were talking about H being confused about the american spelling??? She rewrote her letter again and spelled colour in French every time! I laughed so hard! The poor thing couldn't figure out why I found it so funny. I told her to leave it and the pen pal thing would get very multi-cultural.

Love

Heb

Jan said...

Oh, Connie, What a cute baby! I am green with envy. Jan

Candy Duell said...

Oh Connie, he is so cute. From the look of the picture he is not much bigger if any than Peanut. Make sure to take lots of pictures, and keep us updated on him I bet he keeps the adventures going :)

jayedee said...

wow! i just stubled across your blog and what can i say? you have me from hello! i'm sure i'll have lots of fun exploring! nicetameetcha!

Manerva said...

Oh, goat babies! There is nothing better...Suppose you can't bring him for tea???

Sonia said...

What a cute baby, Connie! He looks adorable!