Sunday, February 03, 2008

Another farewell

Lil, a sweet cat, came to my sister Candy as a stray kitten, back in South Dakota. A little over two years ago, Candy let me take her here at Ash Lane because they were “downsizing” animals in preparation for the move out here. I kept her and enjoyed her here until this summer.

Wayne was commenting about how much he missed Lil, so I allowed them to take her BACK to Anniversary Grove, where she settled in quickly and enjoyed a good life over there. I was able to see her and love her there when I went to visit.

This winter she developed some kind of tumor on her tail area and slowly went downhill. This past week was her last.


We will miss her sweet face, her sweet temperament and her great mouse-ing abilities. Rest in peace, Lil!


Photobucket



4 comments:

happyowl said...

I am so sorry to hear about Lil. Losing a pet is never easy.


Love always

Heb

p.s. give hugs to Candy and Wayne for me(as well as yourself).

Kati said...

Awwww, I'm sorry to hear about Lil's passing. Also sending *comfort vibes* & (((((HUGS))))) to you & Candy & Wayne.

I don't know what it is about you & Candy, Connie, but I think that animals who are not long for this world must realize what a comfort the two of you are. It seems you've seen a lot of pet-deaths in the recent past, and maybe it's simply because the animals are old. But, maybe it's because these animals souls know that they'll be compassionately treated by you & Candy (and Norm & Wayne) and so feel comfortable settling with you both for their final days.

Whatever the reason, wishing you peace as you remember these pets.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Kati. (But it makes me cry!)


xx
Fran/Maidmyown

The Unusually Unusual Farmchick said...

So sorry to hear of your loss.My thoughts are with you.