Saturday, January 26, 2008

I’ve been tagged!

Thanks, Tracey … just what I need after a looooooong day at the races (well, at demonstrations)!! Seven things you probably don’t know about me? What is left that you don’t know?

1 I am allergic to pain. No matter that I’ve had 2 children, pain is NOT my friend and I announce it to the world, in case someone wonders why I blubber like a baby when stuck with a needle or something even worse!
2 I had a gray streak in my hair from the time that I was 27, but didn’t start turning gray until I was in my late 40s. My dad (after about 10 years of the streak) asked me if I had painted something and gotten paint in my hair.
3 I dislike prime TV sitcoms with a passion. I will go ballistic if Norm insists on watching one while I’m in the room.
4 Cows are my very favorite animals, after dogs.
5 I actually LIKE “dressing” a loom – the hardest part of weaving – not so much that I will willing do it for someone else, but it’s not a chore like other weavers claim. (Yes, I’m weird, and Eric knows it!)
6 I don’t like to practice doing ANYTHING. I want to be able to do it and do it well, immediately. Which is why I’m not too hot on the piano or the harp!
7 I have a harp (un-played most of the time).
And whom do I tag? Manerva, Kati, Joy, Candy D, Sonia, Chris, Fran! The rest of you can breath easy – I’ll get you another time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag Connie - my answers are up! And we share your number four, by the way.

xx

Fran (maidmyown)

Jan said...

I liked learning more about you, Connie. Thanks.

Kati said...

ACK!!! How the heck am I going to come up with 7 MORE things folks don't know about me?!?!?!

*grin* My mom was the same way with her hair. She started getting this single silver streak from her forehead back, when she was about 26 years old (proof of how much of a monster my baby sister was, if you ask me, as my baby sis was born when mom was 26). It was pure silver in a head of dark brown hair. I always told mom it made her look VERY distinguished. She dyed her hair for several years before she gave up & went around with this silver streak. But by the time she moved to Hawaii 6 years ago her whole head had gone salt & pepper, so she's started just dying her hair brown again.

It's funny that two women who's wisdom I enjoy so much have had the same type of silver-streak from such a young age. (Though, I'm glad to say that at 29, I still haven't found a single gray/silver hair. *grin*)

Sonia said...

Thanks so much for thinking on me, Connie. But for me it is a bit difficult to express in English, but I will try some day! Thanks again!

If you have the time, come to see many cuties pets on my post Pets III. I bet you will like them!

Cris said...

Hi Connie, you are sweet, it is good to know a little more about yourself with the meme, and now that your blog is getting more personal it couldn't come at a better time! I did a similar meme some time ago, but one thing that probably many people do not know about me is that I never had a pet in my life...