Saturday, December 22, 2007

How much excitement …………….

can one fat little old body stand?

After last night’s excitement and surprise, Jill and Eric went to a motel to sleep and we fell into bed about midnight.

This noon, we seven (Joy, Ken, Bitty, Bubba, Norm, Bill – Ken’s dad – and I) went over to the motel and went swimming and hung out in the hot tub for several hours. Then pizza was ordered for a late lunch but Norm and I were warned not to eat too much so we’d be hungry for dinner.

Jill and Eric picked Norm and me up at Joy’s after we came home and changed into fancy clothes. We were going to meet Eric’s folks and grandmother at an unknown (to us) place.

And that place? Chanhassen Dinner Theater, to see “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat!” One of my all-time, ALL-TIME favorite musicals! I will only mention that on one trip to our home town in South Dakota, I played the cd all the way there (ten hours) and half the way back before Norm asked me to change music. And I wore out one cd and had to get a second one. I have watched the movie with Donny Osmond unknown number of times, with or without the grandgirls.

The “Chan” is famous in Minnesota as one of the best dinner theaters in the nation. The talent there is awesome and I was not disappointed in this rendition of Joseph. In fact, I think I prefer this live version over the movie (although I will probably have a chance to check that out, soon, as the girls are getting the movie for Christmas tomorrow night). The meals are always good and almost too much to eat, but the show tops it all.

Thank you, Eric and Jill, for this wonderful surprise and gift. Like Bitty has been saying over and over since last night, “This is the best Christmas EVER!” I agree!!

It was a beautiful day today – fresh snow on the ground and mild temperatures for Minnesota! What does tomorrow hold in store?

You have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Jan said...

What a fortunate lady you are. Yo have great kids!

Leon said...

I just want to say that you were very thoughtful to sending the starter "instant flakes". I had never heard of this before now. Thank you for the idea.

Manerva said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours Connie! Sounds like a wonderful time.