Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Christmas surprise – or “I’ll never trust my daughters again!”

I believe that I mentioned that we were going to be in the cities for an early Christmas celebration with Joy and family. We arrived yesterday afternoon in time for cuddles and talks and then got ready for the Christmas program at church.

I also believe that I have mentioned that my youngest daughter, my baby, would not be home for Christmas as she has to work on Monday and Wednesday of this next week and only has Christmas day off. This will be the first time that I have not had both girls with me for Christmas.

It made me think back to the time we spent in Australia and I had MY first Christmas away from my family. That year Norm bought me roses to help me be less lonely. So I arranged to have flowers sent to Jill and Eric to tell them that we were thinking about them and would miss them.

So ………… here we are in Joy’s house, playing Uno after watching a wonderful program at church and waiting for Ken to come home from grocery shopping. I got a text message from Jill telling me that she had gotten her flowers and “thank you.”

About ten minutes after the message, in walks Ken with Jill and Eric!! He had gone to the airport (not the grocery store) and picked them up! Eric’s mom (if you are reading this, Marie, thank you!!!) had suggested that they fly in for forty-eight hours to be here closer to Christmas for all of us. Eric’s folks are coming down from their home and we will spend the day at the hotel, swimming and playing games and having fun. Then, I have heard, Eric and Jill are taking us and his folks out for a nice dinner somewhere.

This is why Joy insisted I dress fancy for the Christmas program … so I’d have something fancier than my normal sweat pants and tee shirt for dinner tonight!

Joy and Ken have known this for over a month – Jill and Eric have planned this for about two months!

What a wonderful Christmas gift! My whole family together again! At Christmas time – my favorite family time!

We have gotten fresh snow here in the cities this morning and it is beautiful out! I will have pictures uploaded when I get home (I’m on Joy’s computer – didn’t bring mine) to show you of the program and this weekend’s fun.

It’s a beautiful day – you have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Candy Duell said...

Oh what a wonderful Christmas surprise! Merry Christmas Connie and Norm and your family!

Kati said...

Awww, Connie, how fabulous to have your whole family together at Christmas time. I'm glad you got to see both your girls!!!!! (((((HUGS))))) and a very Blessed Christmas to you & Norm!!!

Renee said...

Connie,

Hello!

My nephew (13 years old) has been working on some wood spoons. I thought I saw on your blog that Norm had a web-site?

Could you lead me to it?

Blessings,

Renee