Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Birthday, Baby!

Today is my baby's birthday! Thirty-four years ago today, I first laid eyes on the third love of my life! (Norm and Joy were the first and second, of course!). I have never wanted to take my eyes off of her, since.

Baby was named Jill Naomi - "Jill" means "Little Girl" - and she has always been my little girl, even after she topped me in height. (Why does every one use me for a measuring stick?)

I cannot wait until she wakes up - she is in Washington, two hours difference in time, so I have to wait longer until her normal weekend waking time to call and sing to her.

With Joy (left) and cousin Brook (right)




On another note, two days ago, Jill's bestest friend and my adopted daughter, Karla, had a little girl of HER own - Morgan Rian! Jill was hoping Morgan would wait two more days so that she would have a birthday buddy, but it's pretty close, I would say!

Happy Birthday, sweet Jill!

Welcome to the world, Morgan Rian!

It is a beautiful day to have a birthday - you have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

I love the picture of the young woman and the dog! They look so peaceful!