Monday, November 05, 2007

Busy Week!

Where does time go? Seems like it was just yesterday that I said goodbye to the girls and Joy last Monday, and here it is Monday, again!

Well, let’s see …. Monday the girls left and I was tired (Can we say exhausted? I love my girls but they do keep me hoping and I am worn out when they leave!) so Peanut and I curled up in the recliner in the armchair and watched the birds at the feeders.

I have finally gotten more woodpeckers to come to the feeders – I have seen and taken pictures (although not too clear) of a Flicker, a Red-Bellied Woodpecker and a Downy Woodpecker. I also have a picture of one of the many Blue Jays that visit now. I have seen but NOT taken pictures of Nuthatches (I have wanted them so badly and now have them), Goldfinches (Norm calls them Olivefinches since they are not “gold” in the fall / winter), Chickadees, Sparrows and Juncos.





Again, I appologize for the fuzzy pictures - they were taken from inside (would never have gotten the pictures if I was outside) and zoomed so I could GET them!

Norm and I went over to Candy’s to help move an icebox in the house (but that’s another story) on Tuesday. Norm went back over on Wednesday to help take off the old counter top – they got a new one on Thursday, after a very long wait.

Thursday, Candy and I went to the Cities; she has drooled over and dreamed of a spinning wheel since sometime last year when we first saw it at Detta’s Spindle.
Now, perhaps some people are thinking – “Why buy a new spinning wheel when Connie has three?” (Actually five, but two are not working!) Well, Candy HAS used, and has learned on, one of my wheels, but I needed it back when I had classes in October. And wanted it (and had it) when Joy was here – all three wheels were working at one time then!

Plus, every woman wants her own wheel, so she’s been saving since she first saw the wheels (there are many, many of them) at Detta’s. But the Castle wheel was the one that caught her fancy; it was still there this time when we stopped to get some wool and look at wheels again. And this time it was ON SALE (and every woman understands those words!) so they made a deal, Candy went home to think about it again.

So this last Thursday, we went to collect it. And, because Joy is home from Florida (HOORAAAY!), we went to her house to spend the night and visit some. And home, again, on Friday.


Catch up for energy, then working in the studio to get ready for the second set of spinning lessons that are this Tuesday.

Yesterday (Sunday) we spent out at the barn. We had to fix the south side before winter comes for real!

So, that’s been my week – busy and hectic. Plus, I’ve been working on my two newsletters, one for Sons of Norway and one for the Business, Arts and Recreation Center (BARC). They are done only about once every two months but they always come about the same time. So I have not been very energetic for my own writing!
I will write about Candy’s icebox soon, and then tell you about Norm’s work on the barn in another post. Now it’s time to head to town for supplies and chicken food. It is a beautiful, chilly, windy, sunny day. You have a beautiful day!


1 comment:

Missy the Garden Freak said...

i love the pictures you took of the birds.. i find it hard to get clear shots as well since they are fast little buggers... but yours came out clear enough to really see them... isn't it so much fun to watch the birds go about their business.. makes you wonder where there are going, with who and how far... happy blogging!