Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Happy Birthday, Candy!

Today is my sister's birthday! She is ............... ummmmm ............. well, she is younger than I am and will always remain so!

I can remember when she was born. We were living in Moorhead, Minnesota at the time and I was in first grade. My dad took us to the hospital, but we were not allowed in, so Mom looked out the window and waved at us. We had been told we had a baby sister, which was very exciting for me.

And so I had my precious baby sister. I don’t remember a whole lot about her growing up until she was close to kindergarten age. She was always there, following us around when we went out to play.

She completed the circle of childhood. She and sister Cara were closer to each other than to me; they shared bedrooms, toys, games and playtime. But she was always there.

And, please all the gods, she will always be here, just 9 miles up the road from me.
Happy birthday, Candy, and many, many, many more! I love you!


(Disclaimer - this is NOT my picture! But Candy loves orchids, so this is for her!)

3 comments:

Moonbeam said...

What lovely memories! Happy birthday Candy and brightest blessings for many more.

Moonbeam

Cris said...

Lovely... happy birthday Candy! Blessings, xoxox

Sonia A. Mascaro said...

A Very Happy Birthday Candy! All the best to you!