Wednesday, March 28, 2007

So, what are you doing for Easter?

Is it too early to ask? Well, not for us .. we have been planning Easter for over two months, and now it’s nearly here.

Norm and I (along with Peanut, of course) are heading to Florida! We will be leaving on Sunday the first.

Norm has had his nose in the Atlas for months and has our route planned pretty well but we can change it day to day as necessary or desired. We are starting out by going through McGregor, Iowa, to see some close friends, then staying at Dubuque Sunday night. From there, I’m not sure where we go, but Norm knows, sort of.

We ARE going to go through mountains ... Smokey, I think ... no, Blue ???? Appalachians? We are going from Knoxville to Pigeon Forge and then down that mountain range. I know the name but then forget it ... hopefully by the time we get there I will have it firmly in my head. Since I’ve never been in that area, they are all the same to me, although my brain says they are different and in different places!

We will spend some time with Joy and family for Easter and some time after that, then head home another route. Through the Everglades and to New Orleans and then up.

I wish we were going through places that housed some of my internet friends, but it doesn’t look like it.

I will be taking my computer along and most places will have internet services, so I can post pictures as we go.

On another note, my folks are here for a few days. They were with Candy yesterday and then with us today then leave for home on Thursday. A short visit but since we won’t be here for Easter, it’s a nice time for a spring visit. We have enjoyed them for the short time they were here.

They took all four of us out to eat at the Eagles’ Club in town ... best place for great steaks (thank you, folks!)...

It has been foggy and misty all day – tomorrow should be mild and showers, again. After the folks leave, I am going to over to play with Candy – we are going to dye 30 ounces of yarn that I’m going to give to Joy to knit for a sweater for my niece, Brook. I have been spinning this on and off for a year or so, and finally finished it because I finally had a use for it, not just for demonstrations.

It looks to be a beautiful day tomorrow. You have a beautiful day!

8 comments:

Autumn said...

Those are the smokey's, and so beautiful!. Sometimes I miss living in Knoxville so much *sigh*
I hope you have a wonderful trip and a blessed Easter

daverichards said...

Easter is almost here now...and it's great to see people excited about it...it's a wonderful time and a great celebration...and well to share some more of this wonderful spirit also visit my blog on Easter Greetings and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

Kati said...

Ooooh, sounds like an awesome plan for Easter. We won't be doing anything spectacular. I got DD an American Girl's Mini-Emily doll, and a couple of corresponding books (from the Molly story-line), and a pkg of those rubber "cause" bracelets.

And I have to work, so I don't even get to go out for a Sunday Brunch (though, DH is not all that into fancy resteraunts, so Sunday Brunch is never something he's been up for anyway). *sigh*

Have a wonderful time, safe driving, and hope you have a beautiful trip!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I just recently found out that they are all...one and the same mountain range. Each state has their own name for the mountains.

Although we went on the Blue Ridge Parkway when we went through the Smokey Mountains nearly thirty-three years ago...on our honeymoon. :)

Have a great time. If you pass Tampa, wave to my sister!

Viktoria said...

Hi Connie!

Nice to hear from you! I read your blog, but I'm not good at commenting.

I totally understand that you are having problems understanding my blog. :-) Swedish and English come from the same language family and I think you might recognize a word here and there, but in another spelling. Maybe I should start a blog in English instead? :-)

I just saw a documentary at TV about traveling the Route 66 and I want more than ever to make a travel to USA and see you all. I really would like to go to Chicago, rent a car and then make a Minnesota and Dakota tour for about three or four weeks. However I just got unemployed this week so that trip has to wait another year or two. But someday, I will...

Have a wonderful trip to Florida in Easter and take care!!

Love Viktoria
www.vikkitikki.com

Tracey said...

Oh...Florida!

I plan on being gone on Easter, too...but I'm not difulging yet where I'll be =)

The Unusually Unusual Farmchick said...

If you were not leaving untill after the 6th, we could have met up in Knoxville for lunch or coffee! We are going to stay at a Tennessee national park for Spring break.
Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Candy Duell said...

Have a wonderful time on your vacation, and take lots of pictures of everything! You and Norm please be safe!