Sunday, March 18, 2007

Hoping to win!

Sweetnicks posts pictures of dogs on the weekend so I am putting few pictures of Peanut here in the hopes that she visits me and posts one on her blog.

Sorry about the blatant appeal for notice – but I personally feel Peanut is so cute that she needs all the attention she can get.

In case you haven’t guessed, I LOVE Peanut .. she is my first really small dog – she weighs in at 10.5 pounds (as of this week) ... I do have to watch her weight – but I think a lot of her weight gain (from her 9 pounds when I got her in September) is because she has “bulked out.” She isn’t eating too much, gets no people food but she is able to run and play and chase chickens and rabbits outside. She was a breeder in a kennel and I doubt if she got to get out and move those muscles much while there. Most of her bulkiness is in her chest – Dachshunds have large chests in comparison to the rest of the dog breeds. I had to open up her harness as it did not fit any more around the chest. But her tummy isn’t fat. And the doctor said she was in great form when I had a micro chip implanted this week so if she gets lost it will be easier to find her!

I got Peanut some steps this past week. She is too short to get up in her favorite chair, so she comes to me and asks to be put up there (and how, do you ask, does SHE ask? She comes over to where ever I am, bounces and jumps, then leads me to the chair .. can’t everyone understand dog language?). I got the steps and taught her how to climb up and down. She has her favorite squeak toy in her chair so Goldie doesn’t steal it; I can tell when she’s in her chair, now, because I can hear the squeaky toy as she chews on it.

So here are the pictures. I have a group picture of Peanut and Goldie on the steps leading into the (messy) studio. I don’t want to leave Goldie out of the picture – she would have her feelings hurt.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then Peanut in her bed – this was taken when I first bought the bed last fall – we were at Joy’s so Peanut was having breakfast in bed, trying out the new bed (which she loves –so I’m going to get her a second one for beside the computer – she’ll like that better than the pillow I have now).


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I have a picture of Peanut covered up on a very cold day – she loves being covered with fleece blankets.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



And her chair (mine, too, when I sit down) – with the stairs, a fleece blanket and her squeaky toy.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It’s a beautiful day today – 34ยบ and sunny – although windy (again). They “promise” rain or snow this afternoon. Our snow is almost all gone because of the warm weather we’ve had for over a week. You have a beautiful day!

6 comments:

happyowl said...

Awwwwww, she is too cute! I too think she deserves all the attention(just for being so cute). Goldie has a beautiful face.

Brightest blessings

Heb

Candy Duell said...

Oh Peanut is so cute, and Goldie is too. Isn't it funny how the little dogs think they run the household. I love the story about Peanut was telling you that she wanted to get into the chair.

Anonymous said...

I love Peanut!!!

xx
MMO

Renee said...

Peanut is so cute. We don't have a dog but we do have a new kitten:)
I saw your yarn by your chair what are you making?

Many Blessings,

Renee

Kati said...

Awww, Sweet Peanut. But, I've gotta tell ya, Goldie is more my kinda dog. I don't care for little dogs very much (on the whole, though I'm sure I'd adore Peanut), but love big dogs. Often the bigger, the better.

Sonia said...

Wow! Peanut is sooooo adorable! Love to see her in bed! Just cute!