Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

I would like to wish all my dear friends (and millions of fans) a happy Valentine's Day!

Ours is quiet - it's -29º chill factor, again, so anything outside (like chickens or birds) will entail mega wrapping up before going out.

We celebrated last night with Wayne (Candy is off visiting) and French Onion soup, with Wayne whipping Norm in Cribbage.

Tonight we will have steak and shrimp - probably a stuffed steak, my favorite. I have the steak un-thawing, but will bring the shrimp out soon to un-thaw. Norm loves shrimp cocktails, so I'm going to bring out some champagne glasses to make fancy ones. If the mail gods are good, a new movie from NetFlix will be here today, as well.

My stuffed steak is as such - the most tender steak you can get (I'm using a sirloin), grilled to your choice of doneness. Grill (fry, steam) mushrooms and onions (separately) to desired doneness. The layer the mushrooms and onions on the steak, put on a layer of mozzarella cheese (grated or sliced) and grill in the toaster oven to melt and semi-crisp the cheese. A baked potato and some kind of veggie and there you go!

Happy Valentine's Day!!! May it be a beautiful one!

4 comments:

Kati said...

Hey Connie!!!! Happy V-day to you & Norm!!!! Stay warm!!!!

happyowl said...

Happy Valentines Day Connie and Norm!

Your steak sounds so good! My mouth is watering.

We had about 8 inches of snow last night and the temps are -25*C. We had to shovel three times today but it looks nice and tidy.

I love wearing brown!

Brightest blessings

Heb

Coffeeteabooksandme said...

That meal sounds SO good. Perhaps if I can dig out of this snow I can come to dinner. Just keep it warm for about four or five days while I drive!

:)

Bodger said...

Hi Connie and Norm!

Are you coming to the spoon carving event tommorow?

Hope to see you soon!

Roger