Sunday, January 14, 2007

My new grandpuppy!

Our youngest daughter, Jill, and her hubby went today to get a dog. They have wanted a dog ever since they got married. They have never been in the situation to have one until now.

Their first choice has always been a Bulldog, but their new apartment has size limitations for any dogs., so they had to revise their choice.

This past week they found a dog on petfinder.com (that’s where I found Peanut!) and went out today to get him. His name is “Remy;” he looks like a sweetheart!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I can’t wait until they bring him home to show us!!


On a birding note, I saw 26 Goldfinches this morning, all together in 1 flying, swooping, feeding bunch! We are feeding finch food and thistle at two stations and have a dog bowl with heater (like in the chicken house) for a bird bath / waterer .. I have two rocks in so they can perch and drink without drowning. When we started putting finch food out as well as the thistle, the Goldfinches started coming and I was thrilled to count 6. Now, with the waterer, these guys showed up!!! My cousin, Kathy, told me if we had water they would come and stay all winter. (If you water them, they will come?) I am so excited!!

We were toasting at 9:00 pm last night with a balmy 10º - it was not very windy yesterday, so the chill factor was very tolerable. Now, this morning, it is already 14º and looks like it’s going up!! However, we have snow warnings (yippee!) but I will celebrate when the snow actually hits!! You have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

happyowl said...

Awww, he's so cute. I may be a bit biased but I think beagles make the best pets! Tell them I said congrats and good choice.

It has been snowing since 7am and it's actually starting to stay.... finally! My house is freezing and I had to put on the heat( only the 2nd time this year). Later I will put a fire on.


Enjoy the weather and I really hope we can share the snow with you!


Brightest blessings

Heb