Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas decorations

Okay, so the decorations HAVE gone walk-about and I am going to do something very simple this year.

Peanut and I went walking and cut some pine from one of the trees in the grove – we stopped to see Meggie’s grave and say hello to her (and to thank her for Peanut’s arrival here). Then stopped at the dogwood bush and cut some dogwood.

Thanks to the artificial holly and bittersweet I got yesterday, my electric candle and the ‘tree’ are now colorful and look rather pretty. I wanted a live tree, small one in a pot, but am too slow to carry through that plan. However, there is always next year!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Can't really see the candle behind the vase, but it's there

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The candle is more obvious when the lights are out

Now I have a star, as Norm helped me wire the dogwood together, put a string of lights (yes, Heb, the shorter string is practically perfect in length) and some silver beads on a string. It’s in the studio window and now I’m trying to decide if I want to leave it blinking or if I want to have it a solid light.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you look closely, you can see the dogwood frame

On another note, Candy and I are going to go over to Llama Bill’s tomorrow. She has woven a hanging for him with the yarn from his first two llamas.. we are going to give it to him. I didn’t have anything to do with the hanging, but she wants my support “in case he doesn’t like it.” What do you think? Who wouldn’t like it??

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Who wouldn't want this on their wall?

And on another note, Norm and I picked up some corn from neighbor Barry. We got a ton of corn (oofta!); we don’t know how long it will last, but with this mild weather (50ยบ today), it should last quite awhile.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A lot of corn!

Christmas presents are getting closer to being done; all the decorating I plan on doing is done; now some baking for Christmas and I’ll be done. Cards are not done – I ran out of ink in my printer, so have to wait to finish printing the cards and letters. But the envelopes and labels are done, so I should take some time to put the labels on the envelopes while I’m waiting for the ink.

It looks to be a beautiful day tomorrow. You have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the star! It's so pretty all lit up.

Good luck with the delivery of the present, I agree, who wouldn't love it?

enjoy your warm weather!

Brightest blessings

Heb

Autumn said...

The decorations are pretty and I love the wall hanging..I would use it. Very nice!

Leslie Shelor said...

Simple is best; this is the first time I've decorated anything since 1994 (just the store) and I don't have a lot. Your decorations are splendid! And so it the wall hanging!

Anonymous said...

Hey Connie, please tell Candy I think her wall hanging is beautiful, and such good colours for this time of year.

(I want one!)

xx

Fran