Wednesday, October 04, 2006

We're outa here!!

We're leaving, very soon, for Albert Lea ... "Big Island" rendezvous. We are nearly all packed and most of my dishes are almost done (shock!)...

We will be gone until Sunday night, Monday morning. I am taking my camera with me (in my purse as I type) and will try to take lots of good pictures.

This is the first time we will have our stove along - we purchased it 5 years ago and have never needed it. But we will be using it for cooking as well as heating.

Sad Goldie will stay at home - it's too crowded in the tent with her and she will have no where to go during the day. Candy and Wayne will babysit her (again) while we are gone, as well as take care of the chickens and collect the eggs (we have gotten 6 eggs a day sometime, so the pullets are starting to lay).

Peanut will come with - she takes up such a small space and she sleeps in her crate during the day if necessary. Her crate DOES take up space, but is tall enough to be used as a table /working space, which is nice. And, she will be my foot warmer at night.

You all have a beautiful week and I will check in with pictures on Monday.

2 comments:

Candy Duell said...

I hope you had a wonderful time this weekend. I will yak at you when you get back.

lee said...

You are one busy lady :). I was just reading about all those things you were packing and all the canning you must have done in the past and it was making me tired just reading it.Will be nice to have photos to look at :).