Friday, October 13, 2006

Okay, this is something I’ve been thinking about

This summer, several of my blogging friends have been in accidents, near accidents or have been sick. And then there was the emergency room run Norm and I had to make in August.

I was talking to Grandma Rosie about this and got to thinking. What would happen if something tragic happened to one of my friends? Would they just disappear off the face of the blogging world and we would never hear from them again?

Actually, this has happened to many of my chatting friends over the years. I had some that I would chat with in the wee hours of the morning, night after night after night. One was from South America, one was from Seattle, Washington.

They stopped writing and I haven’t heard from them for five years. Well, take that back, the South American one used to write to me at Christmas, so I haven’t heard from him for two years!

So, what happened to them? Just got bored? Or some tragic accident? I still think about them and wonder just how things are going for them.

Then there was the case this summer of me suddenly quitting Homesteadblogger. If it hadn’t been for Carla Lynne knowing where I moved, I would have lost many of you friends, as you didn’t know where I had gone.

So, this is my thought, people. Shouldn’t we have some kind of back-up plan to let people know what happens? For instance, should we train a member of our family to post something? (I remember Carla had daughter Amy Rachel post when she was very sick!)

I know I would be very unhappy if one of you stopped posting for ever so long and disappeared from sight.

What are your thoughts? Let me know what you think. Or if you think I am paranoid!

It’s going to be a windy day today, but sunny, non-the-less. And, it’s Friday the thirteenth! You have a beautiful, hex-less day!

3 comments:

Kati said...

Well, before I went in for surgery this summer I did email one group I'm on & let everybody know I'd be back in a day or two & asked for prayers. Then when surgery wound up being worse than I thought, I asked DH to log onto my email (even gave him my password!) and let everybody know how it went and that an extended hospital visit would mean it would be a few more days before I could get back on. I posted prior to the surgery on my blog, and I posted the follow-up a few days later, when I was feeling up to it.

I don't know what I'd do (or have DH do) if something drastic happened & I wasn't able to get back on, ever. I have thought about telling DH that in case of my death I want him to send all my Pagan/Witchy books on to the group mother of my group, for redistribution around the group as she sees fit. Haven't done it and DH hates to think about emergency plans and would probably totally forget what I'd asked of him, anyway. I kinda see it as being something like a will. If you really want to see your wishes followed in these cases, you probably do need to include it in a will or a living will or such. *shrug*

Connie Peterson said...

Having this part of a living will would really work. And I have GOT to get going on that one!! For both of us! Good idea!

Grandma Rosie said...

I have tried to make sure not only my husband but also my children and grandchildren know what I want done if anything happens to me.
I have also made sure they know what to do with my genealogy research when I pass on.

I have plans to pick out my own headstone for Doug and I and have it set next to mom's where we have our plots. A few years ago we had a cement curb poured around our family plot in the little country cemetery we will end up in.

The plot has a double site for Grandma and Grampa, Grandma passed away in 2003, my mom is there, she passed away in 2001, a single space for my sister and a double space for Doug and I.
Maybe this all sounds morbid. But I am not afraid of death. I will be gone to see Jesus and will not be involved in the saddness my death will bring. I want to take as much of the details from my childrens shoulders as I can now.