Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fast trip coming up!

Candy and I decided, on Monday, to make a flying trip to Rapid City to see our mother. She has been lonesome and asking us to come.

This is the best (and only) time for awhile, so it has to be fast. We will spend time with her, see friends and collect some things from them and from Norm’s brother, out at the ranch.

We are taking Norm’s Ford Ranger – it’s the only thing with cruise control that is big enough to carry things.

Therefore, I will be out of contact (probably) for a few days. If my dad’s computer is back on-line (problems there), I might be able to get on and write from Rapid City.

It’s snowing today … just like last week! Candy and I are taking warm clothes, just in case it gets colder; we will also have blankets to keep us warm. We both like something on us as we drive / ride. She has something on her arthritic shoulder, I have something on my arthritic knees.

I am just about packed – need to organize my redwork basket for travel and put my pills in my purse. It will be a fun trip – I like traveling with Candy (she likes to eat, like I do, but that’s not the only reason!) We will share gas and driving. She is going to take the first shift, as we are leaving at 7:00 and I’m not awake at that time.

It’s a beautiful snowy, calm day .. you have a beautiful day!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Kati said...

Drive careful and I hope you have a great trip!!!

grandma Rosie said...

You girls have a good time and drive careful. Watch out for road conditions with the snow. It is finally cooling off here. Feels good. In the 60's and 70's. We had a great vacation at the Homestead Seminar. Now to put it into effect here at home!