Saturday, September 23, 2006

RAIN!!

It’s been raining off and on for about 48 hours! And is cold … 55º, which is warmer than Wednesday morning’s 34º, which frosted some of the garden. Fortunately Norm covered the tomatoes and saved most of them.

But it’s raining and Peanut doesn’t want to go outside. Wonder if I can paper train her for these inclement days? I put her new coat on but she doesn’t like her feetsies to get wet, either! And they are so close to the ground!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Thursday was the fall equinox and also the dark of the moon. So it’s not surprising that the weather has been “inclement” for the past few days and will be, it seems, for at least three more. This is the time for the change of seasons, heading into the lovely Indian Summer that I love so much, before the winter sets in.

I don’t know where this quote came from, but my sister sent it to me to celebrate the turn of the seasons.

"Fall Equinox is a balance of light and dark, night and day and therefore is truly an outlandish moment in time: equality, a equal balancing, an actual moment of balance. I draw on my roots in the darkness, yet revel in the kiss of summer breeze and sun. I face the darkness of the fall and winter ahead and so face mysteries."

Today, Candy is coming over for lesson number two in weaving; we will have French Onion soup today on this overcast, coolish day!

You have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

The Unusually Unsual Farmchick said...

Lovely poem. Sounds like something you can use for a ritual bonfire held for a Harvest celebration....
Enjoy your lesson.
~Tammie

Anonymous said...

Connie - How are you doing? I come and visit you every now and again - usually in a hurry and don't have time to comment - your peanut looks just like my Gidget - they could be twins.
They are such loving dogs - Peanut's coat is tooooo cute.
Bless....
Donna
www.homsteadblogger.com/HomesteadHopeful

Sonia said...

Peanut looks lovely with this new coat!