Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Update on my nephew

A while back, I wrote about Charles Joseph, my twenty-three year old nephew and his medical problems.

I have not heard many details, except that he is improving. And, of course, did NOT need that brain surgery! “Only” a spinal tap of some kind.

However, I do have a picture of a good looking boy that I thought you might like to see! I haven’t seen a picture of him for several years, because he’s been traveling between his mother’s place in Florida and his ‘true’ home in Alaska (Anchorage, I believe). He is working for some dinner theater and happy as a clam. He is not very communicative – what young boy really IS? I hear about him when he writes or calls his dad.

Thank you, again, for all your prayers and concerns when we were so fearful of his problems. We all hope that the solution has been found and the cure is on the way.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(Don't you just LOVE his shirt?)

On a side note, we picked our first batch of tomatoes yesterday – they are on the way to mega-bunches of red, ripe tomatoes. Now, I do not like them much, but I love the sauces they can make. So Norm is drooling over big red lunch ones and I am drooling over the little Romas for sauce! We are on the way!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I caught our wild black sex-link hen who thinks she a crow! She keeps flying over our four-foot snow fence, then can’t find her way back. I clipped her one wing down some. Clipping ONE wing will make a bird lopsided and make it less easy for her to fly high enough to get over the fence (hopefully). Now I need to find the brown Auarcauna that gets out once in a while and do the same for her!

It looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day – you have a beautiful day!

No comments: