Sunday, July 23, 2006

Please help

I do not often ask for prayers for anyone. I generally feel that one prayer from one person is enough to get the responses we need.

However, in this case, I want to send the word out for others to help my nephew. Charles Joseph is my brother’s only child. He is twenty-four and a fine young man. He lives and works in Alaska with friends; his mother is in Florida, his dad is on the road (as many of you know, if you are following his photo-journey in “Chuck’s Adventures”), heading back to Oklahoma .

Charles sent me a note this morning that he had heard from Charles (Joseph) that he is going into the hospital for a battery of tests.

Charles J has had an EKG and a CT scan (about his dyslexia and it's sudden appearance). They will be performing another battery of tests starting on the 28th and continuing until the 31st. Saturday the 29th is going to be the scary day. Dependant upon the results of the tests on the 28th, they may perform a spinal tap and stereotatic biopsy (drilling a hole in his head and removing a small sample of brain tissue to check for bleeding, cancer, or signs of scarring/lesions).

The doctors don’t know what the problem is, so they have to go this route, I guess.

So whatever God you pray to, however you pray, please put Charles J into your thoughts. He is my only nephew on my side of the family and I want to see him safe so he can come home sometime for me to hug him.

4 comments:

Candy Duell said...

Connie, I will be thinking and praying for your nephew.

happyowl said...

Connie, my thoughts and wishes are with you and your family at this time. I'm always available if you want to talk.

Take care and brightest blessings on you all at this time.

Heather

Kati said...

Definitely saying a prayer for his safety and return to health.

Mama Duck said...

Definitely praying here as well.